Job Description Summary:
The main function of the QA analyst is to monitor the performance of Chinese/Japanese/Korean transcription/labelling workflows (for one or more of the listed languages). An entry-level QA test analyst will partner closely with Ops Project Managers, Linguists, Engineers, Data Quality Analysts, and vendor leads on initiatives to improve data quality for Speech labeling projects and ensure that vendors are effective on projects.
• Act as the subject matter expert for the Chinese/Japanese/Korean language speech automatic speech recognition (ASR) annotation workflow, providing clarifications on guidelines and internal tooling UI (for one or more of the listed languages).
• Monitor and maintain speech annotation quality by curating “gold” (i.e., ground truth) jobs for all speech transcription programs. This entails providing “gold responses” to a representative sample of speech transcription job that are ingested to queues to monitor rater quality on an ongoing basis.
• Contribute to developing training materials, instructions and targeted quality programs for vendor raters.
• Audit rater jobs for Chinese/Japanese/Korean speech annotation projects to create regular audit reports, identifying quality issues and communicating feedback to vendor leads in weekly syncs (for one or more of the listed languages).
• Recommend solutions and provide insights to improve rater performance and efficiency.
• Create tasks for technical issues that arise on internal tooling, triage tasks, track progress and provide updates to stakeholders.
• Create and maintain trackers (e.g., spreadsheets) on rater allocation across multiple projects.
• Monitor rater throughput to ensure that projects are on track to meet deadlines.
• Communicate project priorities to vendors to allocate raters based on product team needs.
• Attend Weekly Vendor Business Reviews outside of normal business hours.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English and either Chinese/Japanese/Korean (one or more of the listed Asian languages), including a strong command of grammar, is required.
• Fluency in more than one of the Asian languages listed is a plus (Chinese/Japanese/Korean).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
• Ability to work independently and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Team player that can work to prioritize multiple projects.
• Experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus.
Must have skills:
• Level 5 Chinese/Japanese/Korean (at least one of listed Asian languages) and English language proficiency (native/ bilingual)
• QA experience
• Written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills:
• SQL experience
• Microsoft Office/Google Suite
• Project management
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required for equivalent experience.
• 1+ years’ experience in a quality assurance role desired.
• Previous experience in the tech industry is a plus.
For more information contact Jeanne [email protected]
We offer a referral bonus if you refer a colleague who is hired. Anzu Global is also actively seeking candidates with experience in Artificial Intelligence AI, Natural Language Processing NLP, Machine Learning ML, and Computational Linguistics.