Localization Engineering Technology Director
My client is a Language Services Provider (LSP) headquartered in the US, with a strong corporate culture. With a broad client base across many industries, they provide superior language and localization services to enhance communication and learning to some of the largest corporations, as well as small companies, worldwide.
The Engineering Director is responsible for all technology recommendations across the company and to clients. This role will lead a small engineering department providing localization and technology solutions to the internal Operations team and to clients on a consultative basis. You should be familiar with many different platforms and tools. You like to stay abreast of new technologies as they emerge, so that you are familiar with their usage and how they do or don't work in different environments.
Your understanding of technology across the Localization spectrum should encompass a broad variety of tools as you lead your engineering team towards internal technology recommendations and client solutions. You will also lead an internal team of technology innovators tackling some of the most difficult technology issues that clients throw at the company.
- Strong engineering background and knowledge of multiple platforms and tools utilized in the Translation and Localization industry, including but not limited to: Machine Translation, Translation Management platforms, CAT tools, Video and Audio Localization tools and technologies, AI tools, etc.
- Able to understand how various platforms work together or don't, across technology platforms and a strong desire to research and learn about the same
- Be the voice of the client regarding Localization technology solutions and ability to explain how technologies work together or don't work well together. Willing to say No, as well as Yes!
- Strong familiarity with MemoQ and/or Phrase and Plunet is a plus
- Knowledge of Data Security ISO and SOC 2 data security compliance is a huge plus
- Some lead or management experience of a Localization Engineering team, Solutions Engineering team or both
- Your location : Anywhere/remote and willing to work with clients and internal production teams across any time zone
For more information contact Claire [email protected]
We offer a referral bonus if you refer a colleague who is hired. Anzu Global is also actively seeking candidates with experience in Artificial Intelligence AI, Natural Language Processing NLP, Machine Learning ML, and Computational Linguistics.